human vertebral column
This didactic model is a human vertebral column in life size. By colour-coding the different vertebral segments, the vertebral column model is an excellent medical teaching aid.
The human spine consists of different vertebrae, which are grouped into the following sections:
- Cervical spine
- Thoracic spine
- Lumbar spine
- Sacrum and coccyx
The didactic vertebral column illustrates these divisions and clearly shows them by using a different colour for each section:
- the cervical vertebra (C1-C7) in terracotta
- the thoracic vertebra (Th1-Th12) in light blue
- the lumbar spine (L1-L5) in pink and
- the sacrum and coccyx in yellow
- Squama occipitalis
- Individual vertebrae
- Paired arteria vertebralis
- Intervertebral discs
- Spinal nerves
- Male pelvis with symphysis
Besides the anatomical structures mentioned, the didactic spinal column model with pelvis also shows a herniated disc between L4 and L5.
Thanks to the clear representation of the spinal structure provided by this model, it is used as an unequivocal teaching aid in universities and physical therapy schools. The anatomical model is also ideal for use in doctors’ offices and physical therapy clinics for the purpose of patient education.
The didactic model of a vertebral column and pelvis comes delivered on a stable base, but it can also be removed for better visualisation.
- Didactic vertebral column
- With pelvis
- Height (total): 71 cm
- Dimensions (L x H x W): 32 x 84 x 24 cm
- Weight: 2,9 kg
- Colour-coded for teaching purposes
- Mounted on a stable base
- Shows an L4/L5 herniated disc
Article Number: H131267 Category: JOINT & VERTEBRAE MODELS