18-Piece Torso Model
This separable torso model contains 18 pieces and represents the human head and torso with internal organs, blood vessels and muscles. The torso model is mounted on a sturdy plastic base and is hand-painted. The internal organs can be removed so that the kidneys, ureters, etc. become visible.
The back of the torso model opens to reveal the spine, the rib primordia, the spinal cord and the foramen magnum. Muscles and tendons are recognizable on the right side of the torso, while the left side shows the skin.
Removable organs / body parts:
- Two lung lobes (both disassemble into 2 parts)
- Spleen, duodenum, pancreas (removable as a unit)
- Heart (disassembles into 2 parts)
- Head (fully removable)
- Right brain hemisphere
- One vertebra with spinal cord
- Longitudinal kidney section